Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day -2: Getting ready to leave

Yes, it's another blog.

We're 34 hours away from departure. Mom was nervous before leaving TN this morning. She even made sure my dad and brother knew how to reach Chloe (my pup) in case something happens to us. Very reassuring.

So a little background info on the travelers... I've hopped the Atlantic Ocean before, and the Pacific. The extent of Mom's international traveling experience was a day cruise to the Bahamas and a few hours across the border into Canada and Mexico. This should be educational. But she's a seasoned domestic traveler, having planned and implemented 2 do-it-yourself trips across Alaska. This will be her first time to:
  • fly through Newark, NJ
  • fly overseas
  • visit a castle
  • stand in a country whose government is more than 1000 years old
  • visit the land of her ancestors
  • hostel hop
  • eat haggis (and mine!)
This will be an adventure to say the least. Kelly & Kay's Excellent Adventure! Party on!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you!! (and jealous). Keep blogging - I love it.

    SD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your adventures. These virtual vacations are great! Probably the only way I'll ever get to see the world! Have fun and stay safe! Lillian

    ReplyDelete